January 16, 2009

I've been tagged as well aka the "seven things"-disaster continues

I had really hoped to escape the "seven things"-madness, but KaiRo aka Robert Kaiser thought otherwise and tagged me unmercifully. That means that I need to share seven things you may (not) know about me. You have been warned...

The rules:
  1. Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post
  2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post
  3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs
  4. Let them know they’ve been tagged

The seven things you may (or may not) know about me:
  1. My first computer was the legendary C64 (Commodore 64), which I got somewhere back in 1986 if I recall correctly. Damn, I'm getting old!
  2. The longest period of uninterrupted game-playing I've ever had was 18 hours, playing Pirates! on that same C64.
  3. I'm a die-hard fan of the Science-Fiction classic series Babylon 5, which I still regard as one of the best pieces of television ever.
  4. Right now, I'm very much into the new Battlestar Galactica series, whose 2nd part of its 4th and final season will start today. Yay!
  5. I've been an avid fan of J.R.R Tolkien's epic work "The Lord of the Rings", which I read for the first time at the age of 15 (15 years ago) and have read again each year since then.
  6. I've wondered for a long time, why it is that mainly German, Polish and French people drive the Mozilla localization efforts, but haven't come to a conclusion yet.
  7. My first contact with Mozilla was back in 2000, when I tried a beta release of the infamous Netscape 6 release. It's really a small wonder that I decided to stay in the community after working with that piece of garbage :-)

The poor souls that I'm tagging and need to continue this meme:

1 comment:

Wladimir Palant said...

I've wondered for a long time, why it is that mainly German, Polish and French people drive the Mozilla localization efforts, but haven't come to a conclusion yet.

I guess those are the people who really, really hate English and need everything in their native language. Oh, Spaniards hate English as well but I guess they are just too lazy to install Firefox...