Based on where we are with blockers etc, the Thunderbird drivers have proposed a schedule for getting to RC 1. The schedule is challenging, but we believe it is a good starting point.That schedule would give you little less than 2.5 weeks for additional translation and l10n QA work. Is that enough? If not, please speak up here in the l10n newsgroup.
We would like to get feedback from those with blockers, and others on their thoughts for this schedule:
This gives us about 2 weeks to be code complete, including addressing feedback from beta 2.
- Code freeze: could be anywhere between 10th and 14th May
probably 13th or 14th May.
- L10n completion: 16th May 23:59 PDT (end of day Sunday)
- Build Starts: 17th May (Monday)
- QA starts: 18th May (Tuesday)
- RC1 release: 25th May (Tuesday)
April 30, 2010
The Thunderbird developers have asked me to forward this to you and to ask for FEEDBACK. So if you have a problem with the proposed schedule, PLEASE speak up.